Monday, June 01, 2015

Mancat Monday

Over the weekend, our parents drove up and brought our Granny's piano.  She passed away two years ago, just a couple of weeks before Devon.  Her piano was supposed to go to our Aunt (dad's sister), but his brother's daughter's daughter thought she wanted to take lessons, so it went to her.  After two years, and no lessons, they decided it should come to us, so mom and dad brought it down.
Oliver and Tanner immediately had to check it out...it's not so scary. 
They were both incredibly brave as long as it wasn't making any noise :)  Tanner did not mind hearing us try to play...it's been almost 20 years since I've played!  Oliver was not having any part of that and he would run off.  As the weekend wore on, he would not run as far...progress!

Growing up, I took lessons for many years.  I had a cat named Socks (Grey and white), and he had a particular song that he loved.  Fur Elise, by Beethoven.  Anytime, I would play that song, he would jump on the bench and sit beside me...as I continued, he would put his paws on my shoulder and nibble at my neck/hair.  I don't know if he liked it, or was trying to get me to stop!  MOL.  Either way, we thought it was quite funny, so he did it every time I played.  I'm hoping Tanner and Oliver will learn to appreciate the piano.

4 comments:

  1. guys...R mom can play doe a deer N thatz it....course her could knot sing if her
    hada baskit ta carree de toonz in... sew.....

    maybee ewe can teech yur mom ta play piano...... like Nora de piano playin kitty !! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my mum was young she used to stay with her cousins who lived by the beach. One of them loved to play the piano and taught my mum to play Fur Elise. It was the only piece of music she ever learnt to play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we had a piano! There is room here for a baby grand - I bet it would make a nice napping spot when humans aren't using it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful piano, you are so lucky you know how to play. I hope the kitties end up enjoying your music, they look cute near it.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments...meows and purrs please!