Thursday, September 07, 2017

Thursday Travels - Kiria Kenya - Day One

After visiting the coffee plantation, we continued driving through the rift valley and ended up at Lake Naivasha, Kenya.  We spent the night at a fabulous hotel and traveled the next morning to Kiria.  The drive is about 1-1/2 hours.  Auntie and I were super excited because today we will get to see our sponsor girls again!
The morning started off with a welcoming ceremony and then it was time to get to work.  We were helping the village start the foundation for the schools administrative building.  Many of the villagers were out and ready to help. 
I also jumped in and helped...we all like to take part in each task for the day.

Our trip leader helping...

Auntie working hard!

Finally it was time to see the kids some more and hang out with Eunice.  I was super excited because Eunice sought me out this time and was not shy in the least!  Here she is (left) with her older sister Millie, and younger sister Christine. 
Auntie with Margaret and me with Eunice.

Me with Christine and Eunice again.  It was starting to rain... 
Our whole crew...we didn't get to see our other sponsor girl Evelyne this time because she was in boarding school.
We visited with Eunice and Margaret for a couple of hours.  We played Memory and Go Fish.  I think they had a great time!  Eunice won both rounds of Go Fish.  When we were walking the kids home, she just leaned into me and said "I've never won at anything".  She was so happy!

Next week I'll talk about day two in the village, where we did "The Day in the Life".

2 comments:

  1. I think what you are doing is just wonderful! You are doing sooo much good for sooo many and are probably learning soooo much! (((((hugs))))) catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos. Eunice looks so happy with you.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments...meows and purrs please!